CDS Syllabus 2016
CDS Syllabus 2016 with all latest updates has been given by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Students who are searching for the CDS exam they can get the UPSC CDS Syllabus along with UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2016 pattern from this article it includes.
Each & Every year Union Public Service Commission conducts this CDS entrance exam to recruit the hard working, brilliant and talented candidates for Combined Defence Services (CDS). Here we describe all the details which are sufficient to crack the examination & get control on this Post.
One can get the entire details about the CDS Exam Syllabus 2016, exam paper pattern and eligibility criteria which are well settled below by the team of admitcardjobs.in candidates must look out the given details carefully.
|Exam Conducted By||Union Public Service Commission|
|Details About||CDS Syllabus 2016|
|Examination Name||Combined Defence Services|
|Syllabus Status||Available Soon|
UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2016 Pattern
Knowing the CDS Syllabus is necessary but the thing which is more important than that is the exam pattern .So students here is the UPSC CDS 2 Exam 2016 Pattern. This section includes the pattern how questions appear in the exam
The CDS examination will be conducted in two phases:
1 Written examination
2 Interviews/ Personality Test
For admission in IMA, INA and AFA:-
- Paper I is of English and the time was given is 120 Minutes (2 hours) and is of 100 Marks
- Paper II is of General Knowledge and the time given is 120 Minutes (2 hours)and is of 100 Marks
- Paper III is of Elementary Mathematics and the time was given is 120 Minutes (2 hours) and it is also of 100 Marks
Total =300 Marks
For Admission in Officers Training Academy:-
- Paper 1 is of General Knowledge and the time given is 120 minutes (2 hours) and is of 100 marks.
- Paper 2 is of English and the time given is 120 minutes (2 hours)and is of 100 marks.
UPSC CDS 2 New Syllabus 2016
The question paper for this Combined Defense Services exam is designed to test your knowledge of English so you should know English and you also have the knowledge to understand different words of English and how to implement them.
Synonyms, Antonyms, Reading Comprehension, Para Jumbles, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentences, Sentence Correction and Fill in the Blanks
In General knowledge section of question came current events and of such matters of everyday so be aware what is happing in our day to day life , observation, and experience in scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. Knowledge of science is also important. The Question paper also includes questions from History of India and Geography of nature.
- It is divided into six sections:-
- Arithmetic:- It contains three parts which are as follows :-
- Number System– Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions.
- Unitary method – time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation.
- Elementary Number Theory – Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
- Algebra: This section includes the following:-
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M. Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, the relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered), Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns-analytical and graphical solutions, Simultaneous linear equations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or in equations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions, Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
- Trigonometry:- it includes the following things:
Sine x, cosine x, Tangent x when 0 < x < 90 degrees, Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0, 30, 45, 60 and 90 degrees, Simple trigonometric identities, Use of trigonometric tables, simple cases of heights and distances.
- Geometry:-This section includes :-
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci
- Mensuration:-This section includes the following topics:-
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
- Statistics:-This section includes :-
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts, etc. Measures of central tendency.
|Latest Government Jobs Updates||CDS Notification|
|Latest UPSC Updates||CDS Admit Card|
To clutch further details or get complete syllabus candidates may check this Official Link