TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2016
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is ready to organize its Preliminary or mains written exam for Group-I posts. Ignorance about exam pattern & syllabus is the biggest hindrance in cracking any exam. Hence for all the job seekers here we mention TNPSC Group 1 Syllabus 2016. Here we thoroughly discussed Paper Pattern & Syllabus of TNPSC Group-I Mains Exam along with TNPSC Books or Study Materials.
Every year Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission organizes TNPSC Group I Exam 2016 for those job searchers who are interested in joining various positions under the Government of Tamil Nadu. Generally, the notification of this recruitment came in the month of July & August.
As usual this year also lots of appliers have already started their preparations to compete in this examination which is going to be held on 8th November. Here we define TNPSC Group 1 Revised Syllabus along with Exam Pattern hence, candidates need to look out carefully & start their preparation according to this new pattern.
|Name of the Department||Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission|
|Name of the Examination||Group I|
|Examination Dates||Mention in the Notification|
Complete TNPSC Group 1 Exam Pattern 2016 Study Materials
TNPSC Preliminary Examination Syllabus:
- General Science
- History of India
- Geography of India
- Economics & Commerce
- Indian Polity
- Indian National Movement
- Current Affairs
- Mental Ability Tests
TNPSC Mains Examination Syllabus:
Main Examination of this assessment programme comprises two papers in the form of Paper 1 & 2:
Paper 1 Course Outline:
- Modern history of India and Indian culture
- Current events of national and international importance
- Statistical analysis, graphs, and diagrams
- Social problems and other current sensitive issues
Paper 2 Course Outline:
- Indian polity
- Indian economy and geography of India
- Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India
- Tamil language, Tamil society, its culture and heritage
- Tamil Nadu administration
TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Examination New Exam Pattern
- Total Questions Came in this examination is 200 (Objective type) which contain General Studies – 150 Questions and Aptitude Test – 50 Questions )
- Total Marks 300 marks
TNPSC Group 1 Mains Exam Pattern and Scheme of Examination
|General Studies Paper – I||300 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – II||300 Marks|
|General Studies Paper – III||300 Marks|
|Interview & Records||120 Marks|
- All papers will comprise degree standard and descriptive Type
- The question papers will come in Tamil and English Language both.
- Candidates are allowed to answer the Main Written Examination either in Tamil or in English or partly in Tamil and partly in English and are also allowed to write Technical words wherever essential in either of the languages.
Point To be Noted to Crack Tamil Nadu PSC Group 1 Exam:
- Read regularly a standard newspaper in Tamil
- Candidates need to look out any one of the Competitive Exam Magazine (Tamil or English)
- Cover current affairs of past 2 years.
- Concentrate more on Tamil Nadu Related General Knowledge
For More detailed Info candidates need to look out below mention Table:
|Complete Group I Preliminary General Knowledge Syllabus||Official Link|
|Complete Group I Main Examination of General Studies Syllabus||Official Link|
Visit this main website to download complete Syllabus & Paper Pattern of this Examination.